They say that shy persons are the one who is very sweet when they are in a relationship. Did you feel weird stuffs during your first date? Like butterflies inside your stomach? Probably this is your anxiety reacting towards it. You feel nervous during your first date, don’t you?
First dates mean starting a relationship by knowing each other. Not knowing that both of you feel the same way during your first date, you feel nervous and shy. You are conscious about how you look and how you act in front of your date. You feel tensed whenever you talk to them and you eventually feel the butterflies flying inside your stomach. First date is a great opportunity to know each others’ likes and dislikes and little by little both of you will know each other’s personality.
Reduce the Pressure of your First Date
You feel the pressure during you first date, don’t you? Don’t worry you are just reacting in a normal way and it is a common feeling especially if it is your first time to go out on a date. Well, there are some tips and steps to reduce your pressure during your first date. You can enjoy your first date by following some of these tips.
- Make a plan for your first date- decide where and what place will be your first date.
- Make it simple- it is not required during your first date to spend lots of money. You can keep it simple and it will ease and avoid stress.
- Remember that the first date is only a meet and greet- you can lower your pressure during your first date by keeping your expectations practical.
- Inhale and exhale- take a deep breath; this is the best way to lessen the pressure that you are feeling.
- You should choose a time and date that is comfortable- make sure that both of you will be comfortable of the date.
- Be yourself- indeed, all of you want to have an excellent first impression. Just be yourself and it will make you comfortable.
- You have nothing to prove, you must understand it- just go with the flow and be yourself, it is your goal.
- You should forget about the future outcome- this may stress you out, just relax and enjoy the day with your date.
- Be at your best- this may lessen your tense, it can be helpful knowing that you are at your best and you are what you are.
- Do not pretend- be real.
- Get an advice from a friend- your friends may help you. Before your first date, things might get easier when you talk to your friends and get some advice to them.
Don’t make your nervousness rule you. This may put you in embarrassment during your first date. Be real with your date and you may not know he/she might feel comfortable around you at the first time. Mentioned tips, above, may help you in making your first date easy and enjoyable, it may lessen the tense that you are feeling.